Microsoft deprecation for the Python extensions
El_Merendero
2018-11-30 09:56:14 UTC
Hi all,
I'm a young developer and I'm working on a Django application (wrote in
Python 2.7) that need to be deployed in a IIS 10 web server (I tryed a
first version of the app and it works great). Today I read this post
<https://blog.lextudio.com/shifting-to-azure-app-service-on-linux-b216f4584b03> and
I realized that Microsoft Server will not support the Python extension. So,
now I have to decide whether to migrate in a Linux Server or not but before
I want to understand what really does it involve to me? I'll explain:

- It means that future ISS versions (10+) may not have a Python support?
- It means that in the future I can have security issues due the absence
of the IIS updates for python compability?
- It means that in the future I can't make a python version upgrade of
the app?

Or simply it means that we can not foresee what this can entail?

Thanks
Matthew Pava