django-allauth without username, login with facebook doesn't work
Fellipe Henrique
2015-05-12 18:09:06 UTC
Hello,

I'm trying to use Django-AllAuth social login...

I have a custom user profile and custom usermanage [1]

But, when I click on html template facebook link, anything happen! with
username, works fine.

Here is my settings [2]

My settings is wrong? any idea why this problem happens?

Thanks,
regards

[1] - https://gist.github.com/fellipeh/fe2deae4854072b0cb3d
[2] - https://gist.github.com/fellipeh/033fcde17c9771dfb1b2

T.·.F.·.A.·. S+F
*Fellipe Henrique P. Soares*

e-mail: > echo "lkrrovknFmsgor4ius" | perl -pe \ 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-2*3)/ge'
*Blog: http://fhbash.wordpress.com/ <http://fhbash.wordpress.com/>*
*GitHub: https://github.com/fellipeh <https://github.com/fellipeh>*
*Twitter: @fh_bash*
Fellipe Henrique
2015-05-12 18:13:09 UTC
Just to complement the previous mail, normal user (django user) like
super-user create using syncdb, works fine!

I'm using django 1.8.

Mario Gudelj
2015-05-13 03:26:04 UTC
What do you mean by nothing happens? Do you get taken to FB?

Here's what I have in my setup which may help:

The template link looks like this:

<a class="btn btn-primary" href="{% url 'social:begin' 'facebook'
%}">Facebook</a>

Make sure you have the following line in your urls.py:

url('', include('social.apps.django_app.urls', namespace='social'))

settings.py:

SOCIAL_AUTH_USER_FIELDS = ['email']
SOCIAL_AUTH_USERNAME_IS_FULL_EMAIL = True
SOCIAL_AUTH_FACEBOOK_KEY = 'your_key'
SOCIAL_AUTH_FACEBOOK_SECRET = 'your_secret'
SOCIAL_AUTH_FACEBOOK_SCOPE = ['email']
SOCIAL_AUTH_ENABLED_BACKENDS=('facebook', 'google')
SOCIAL_AUTH_PROTECTED_FIELDS = ['email']
SOCIAL_AUTH_ADMIN_USER_SEARCH_FIELDS = ['first_name', 'last_name', 'email']

AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS = (
'social.backends.facebook.FacebookOAuth2',
'social.backends.google.GoogleOAuth2',
'social.backends.twitter.TwitterOAuth',
'django.contrib.auth.backends.ModelBackend',
)

Add 'social.apps.django_app.default', to INSTALLED_APPS

Use https://github.com/omab/python-social-auth and follow installation
instructions from it. You'll need to setup your FB app as well.

I think that's all you need.

Good luck man.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAF1jwZHCBfJsu8dCHk%3DeoPuTCPC9Jskxk16fbGR_W7DNyC8QRQ%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAF1jwZHCBfJsu8dCHk%3DeoPuTCPC9Jskxk16fbGR_W7DNyC8QRQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
Fellipe Henrique
2015-05-13 17:12:55 UTC
Hi Mario,

I`m not using python-social-auth... I choose to use all-auth[1] because
it's given to me more the social login, like: password reset, email
validation etc.

My problem is: in template when I click on a button, nothing happen.. the
link (javascript) is correct, but nothing happen...

[1] - http://www.intenct.nl/projects/django-allauth/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAHqTbjn%2B1F-fRqx4qhD-X5%3Dm%3D-KWcumJkr2JNgU5pi7negDt8A%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAHqTbjn%2B1F-fRqx4qhD-X5%3Dm%3D-KWcumJkr2JNgU5pi7negDt8A%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
Mario Gudelj
2015-05-14 05:43:12 UTC
Sorry man. My mistake.

So are you saying that you have a link with onclick or something? Do you
get the JS error? Is it logged inside your browser's console? It's a bit
hard to tell without more code or the URL...
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAF1jwZFysFCpw4hjQQHOngHU57fGQLiaoE60d6ZWY%2B_hos4kyQ%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAF1jwZFysFCpw4hjQQHOngHU57fGQLiaoE60d6ZWY%2B_hos4kyQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
Fellipe Henrique
2015-05-14 12:51:27 UTC
Hello Mario, thanks for help me...

Yesterday I found the problem, here is: First i used python-social-auth....
after I move to django-allauth... for some reason, when I uninstalled the
python-social-auth, the folder still in site-package, and when I call my
template, django use the python-social-auth javascript!!!

I manually remove the folder, and reinstall django-allauth and work fine
now!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAHqTbj%3Dow%2Bzmm6R3X6WXXFS3zUU5XwQUcZbPhOChoyx3goWmoQ%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAHqTbj%3Dow%2Bzmm6R3X6WXXFS3zUU5XwQUcZbPhOChoyx3goWmoQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.