django and php
Mathieu Leduc-Hamel
2010-08-19 09:08:06 UTC
Have you took a look at the tutorial on the django webpage ? It's a must to
read before doing anything with django.

After that i can propose to you a solution:

If i was you i would code 2 views

One for the rendering on the page
One as ajax view

The first one would use the javascript to reload something every minutes and
the second would just fetch the data from the database.

Look in the documentation to know how to develop correct ajax views...

ciao

mathieu
You said that we must not think in a PHP way while using django
can you please give me a solution to my problem
I have to connect every minute to a server and get an object from it an
show the modifications
can you please tell me what django give as solution to this
thank you
Imad Elharoussi

Xavier Ordoquy
2010-08-19 09:32:11 UTC
Hi,

Do you mean that you have to refresh the user browser page every minute or that every minute your website application has to pull another information system ?
In either case, I hardly see the connection between your issue and the fact that Django has nothing to do with thinking in PHP. PHP is a language, and Django a framework.
As stated in a previous answer, please have a look at the tutorial to get an idea of what is Django and how it works.

Regards,
Xavier.
Sithembewena Lloyd Dube
2010-08-19 09:13:55 UTC
Here's a point to start from. This documentation contains all you need to
know to get started with Django.

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.2/
http://www.lloyddube.com
bruno desthuilliers
2010-08-19 14:00:05 UTC
You said that we must not think in a PHP way while using django
can you please give me a solution to my problem
I have to connect every minute to a server and get an object from it an show
the modifications
can you please tell me what django give as solution to this
This has nothing to do with Django nor PHP - it's a basic HTTP
programming problem. If you don't understand how HTTP works, you're
not going to do anything good (I mean : in web programming) whatever
language / framework you use.

Also and FWIW, I already gave you a pointer to the usual solutions
(ajax and comet).
Sithembewena Lloyd Dube
2010-08-19 09:12:14 UTC
As stated by others above, look at the tutorial first. Install Django and
build the sample poll app. It will show you how Django works and from there
you can try any customisations that you have in mind.
Post by Mathieu Leduc-Hamel
Have you took a look at the tutorial on the django webpage ? It's a must to
read before doing anything with django.
If i was you i would code 2 views
One for the rendering on the page
One as ajax view
The first one would use the javascript to reload something every minutes
and the second would just fetch the data from the database.
Look in the documentation to know how to develop correct ajax views...
ciao
mathieu
On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Imad Elharoussi <