django to php
Akash Mukherjee
2010-11-30 07:26:53 UTC
Hello,

I have a webapp created in django. Now I want to convert the entire
code into PHP. Is it possible?? If yes, how?

Thanks

Akash
Tom Evans
2010-11-30 14:24:39 UTC
Post by Akash Mukherjee
Hello,
I have a webapp created in django. Now I want to convert the entire
code into PHP. Is it possible?? If yes, how?
Thanks
Akash
Anything is possible given enough resource. I am not aware of any
tools that would automatically convert from django to PHP - I would
doubt they exist, given the architectural differences between django
and PHP.

Cheers

Tom
Brett Thomas
CLIFFORD ILKAY
2010-11-30 18:53:11 UTC
Post by Akash Mukherjee
Hello,
I have a webapp created in django. Now I want to convert the entire
code into PHP. Is it possible?? If yes, how?
I have a Porsche that I'd like to trade for an ox cart. Any takers?
Seriously, why would you want to do that?
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis
1419-3266 Yonge St.
Toronto, ON
Canada M4N 3P6

<http://dinamis.com>
+1 416-410-3326
Andre Terra

Kenneth Gonsalves
2010-12-01 02:15:02 UTC
Post by CLIFFORD ILKAY
Post by Akash Mukherjee
I have a webapp created in django. Now I want to convert the entire
code into PHP. Is it possible?? If yes, how?
I have a Porsche that I'd like to trade for an ox cart. Any takers?
Seriously, why would you want to do that?
well, if you are in a location where there is no one to maintain your
Porsche and has a surfeit of ox cart drivers ...
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves
Steve Holden
2010-12-01 02:18:29 UTC
Post by Kenneth Gonsalves
Post by CLIFFORD ILKAY
Post by Akash Mukherjee
I have a webapp created in django. Now I want to convert the entire
code into PHP. Is it possible?? If yes, how?
I have a Porsche that I'd like to trade for an ox cart. Any takers?
Seriously, why would you want to do that?
well, if you are in a location where there is no one to maintain your
Porsche and has a surfeit of ox cart drivers ...
Except, of course, that a thousand oxen can't travel at two thousand
miles an hour. So there's no way to get "equivalent" performance. In
most places I suspect the oxen would be more useful. The more so as the
oil disappears.

regards
Steve
--
DjangoCon US 2011 Portland, OR: September 6-8 http://djangocon.us/
Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd]

Kenneth Gonsalves
2010-12-01 02:43:20 UTC
Post by Akash Mukherjee
I have a webapp created in django. Now I want to convert the entire
code into PHP. Is it possible?? If yes, how?
although I can sympathise with your problem - some suit has decided that
the code be in php? - it is unlikely that you will get an answer on this
list. The best thing would be to rewrite the app afresh in php. (or
change the urls into php sounding urls so the suit does not know what
you are doing)
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves